Reporting to the Managing Director, the Client Manager will provide technical and administrative support to the Commercial team. The role interacts with clients, insurance companies, and internal staff members. The role supports Client Executives, in a team based environment along with the Client Associates, to ensure that our clients receive efficient, high quality service.
Duties & Responsibilities
Participate in Managing a Designated Client Portfolio. Activities will include:
- Working alongside colleagues in the Corporate Commercial Department to contribute in all aspects of client service. You will work closely with colleagues on a good mix of client accounts, including real estate, manufacturing, technology and executive liability, among other things.
- Preparing underwriting submissions for marketing purposes, negotiating coverage terms and conditions with insurers and helping to manage claims.
- Designing, preparing and participating in presentations to clients.
- Managing daily administration including client and insurer correspondence, policy wording reviews, issuance of policies, binders, certificates and invoicing.
- Responding to client inquires and other client and insurance broker related duties as necessary
Participate in New Business Initiatives. Activities will include:
- Working with colleagues to help pursue new client opportunities.
- Continuously working to identify prospective new commercial clients.
- Actively attending new and existing client meetings with colleagues that are of a strategic nature, where JB’s service commitments are made, and adding new products or services are discussed.
- Preparing presentations, reports and other “pitch” documents to support discussions with prospective clients on new business.
Engage in Training
- Attend broker training programs with the insurers to continue to learn about specific coverage lines and insurance products.
- Receive internal training on client management systems, most notably “TAM”.
- With guidance from colleagues, receive training on the insurance placement process, identifying risk exposures, insurance product features and insurance market workings through active involvement in managing clients renewals and pursuing new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Three to five years of commercial insurance experience (on either the broker or underwriting side), with a history of managing client relationships
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required
- RIBO licence is required
- Excellent attention to detail, superior organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player, client oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and insurance market knowledge
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of TAM, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience. The position will start as soon as possible.
We invite you to apply below with our online application form below, or send your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected], with “Commercial Client Manager – Hamilton” in the subject line.