Reporting to the Managing Director, the Client Manager will provide technical and administrative support to the Commercial team. The role interacts with clients, insurance companies, and internal staff members. The role supports Client Executives, in a team based environment along with the Client Associates, to ensure that our clients receive efficient, high quality service. All employees are responsible for upholding the Jones Brown Service Excellence Standards at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
Participate in managing a designated client portfolio:
- Working alongside the Client Executive as part of the Commercial Department to contribute in all aspects of client service
- Preparing underwriting submissions for marketing purposes, negotiating coverage terms and conditions with insurers and helping to manage claims
- Designing, preparing and participating in presentations to clients
- Managing daily administration including client and insurer correspondence, policy wording reviews, issuance of policies, binders, certificates and invoicing
- Responding to client and insurance company inquires
- Other client and insurance broker related duties as required
Participate in new business initiatives:
- Working with colleagues to help pursue new client opportunities
- Actively attending new and existing client meetings with colleagues that are of a strategic nature and adding new products or services are discussed
- Preparing presentations, reports and other “pitch” documents to support discussions with prospective clients on new business
Engage in training:
- Attend broker training programs with the insurers to continue to learn about specific coverage lines and insurance products
- Receive internal training on client management systems, most notably “TAM”
- With guidance from colleagues, receive training on the insurance placement process, identifying risk exposures, insurance product features and insurance market workings through active involvement in managing client’s renewals and pursuing new business opportunities
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications
- A minimum 3 years insurance industry experience, preferably in a brokerage and/or client facing position.
- Experience working with successful individuals and their families and deep knowledge of private client carrier offerings and wordings.
- A current Level 2 BC broker license.
- Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge of TAM, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Superior organizational skills, flexibility, an eye for detail, and an ability to work independently, taking initiative to start and complete tasks without direction.
- Knowledge of cross-border protocols and an understanding of US and international placements.
- Client and team oriented including desire to help colleagues across Canada as needed.
- Excellent verbal written communication skills and experience explaining complex matters, drafting correspondence, presentations, etc.
- Exceptionally strong technical and insurance market knowledge.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience. The position will start as soon as possible.
We invite you to apply below with our online application form below, or send your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected], with “Commercial Client Manager” in the subject line.