Reporting to the Managing Director, the Client Manager plays a significant role by contributing to the branch’s growth through service excellence and product knowledge. Primary responsibility is to manage a book of business while working in close tandem with the lead brokers on the files. The Client Manager will also utilize Jones Brown’s product offerings to develop organic new revenue opportunities and support profitable growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Participate in managing a designated client portfolio:
- Dedicated support to colleagues in the Commercial Department contributing in all aspects of client management and service. You will work closely with colleagues on a mix of medium to large client accounts
- Prepare underwriting submissions for marketing purposes, negotiating coverage terms and conditions with insurers and helping to manage claims
- Designing, preparing and participating in presentations to clients
- Managing daily administration including client and insurer correspondence, policy wording reviews, issuance of policies, binders, certificates and invoicing
- Responding to client inquires
- Other client and insurance broker related duties as required
2. Participate in new business initiatives:
- Working with colleagues to help pursue new client opportunities
- Actively attending new and existing client meetings with colleagues that are of a strategic nature and adding new products or services are discussed
- Preparing presentations, reports and other “pitch” documents to support discussions with prospective clients on new business
3. Engage in training and continuous learning opportunities:
- Attend broker training programs with the insurers to continue to learn about specific coverage lines and insurance products
- Receive internal training on client management systems
- With guidance from colleagues, receive training on the insurance placement process, identifying risk exposures, insurance product features and insurance market workings through active involvement in managing client’s renewals and pursuing new business opportunities
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A current Level 2 BC broker license.
- Three to five years of commercial insurance experience (on either the broker or underwriting side), with a history of managing client relationships
- Enrollment in, or completion of, CAIB, CIP and/or CRM designations
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required
- Strong technical and insurance market knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail, superior organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player, client oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of TAM, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment. The position will start as soon as possible.
Kindly apply below or forward your resume and cover letter via email to Mark_Thom@ajg.com using the subject line “Client Manager, Commercial – Vancouver”.