Reporting to the Managing Director of Private Client Services, the Client Manager will play a critical role in the provision of excellent service and technical advice to our clients. Contributing to the department’s growth through your service orientation and product knowledge is key to the role. Dedication to a career in Private Client is desired to enable our clients to benefit from a long term, close relationship, with the manager of their account. With responsibility for a book of business, the Client Manager will utilize Jones Brown’s product offerings to meet client needs, while focusing on business development and profitable growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver prompt, superior, customer service by providing advice, education to customers in understanding terms and options, and manage concerns, while adhering to guidelines and workflows as set out by the department
- Write and issue new business, review new and existing coverage documentation such as Binders of Insurance, Certificates, and invoicing
- Prepare submissions for marketing purposes, negotiate terms and conditions with underwriters, communicate with insurance companies and follow up with adjusters on claims status
- Work closely with the branch on an existing and developing portfolio of insurance business including new business opportunities and initiatives
- Design and prepare presentations for clients
- Build and maintain industry relationships
- Have a willingness to continue to learn the business of insurance and a desire for advancement within the firm
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum 3 years insurance brokerage experience, in a client facing position, servicing high net worth clientele
- A current RIBO license
- Experience working with high net worth insurance markets that support this business
- Poise, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge of TAM, MS Outlook, Word,PowerPoint, and Excel
- Superior organizational skills, flexibility, an eye for detail, and an ability to work independently, taking initiative to start and complete tasks without direction.
- Self-motivated, client and team oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of comfort and experience explaining complex matters
- Strong technical and insurance market knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work outside of regular office hours, as occasionally required.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience, supports personal and career development, and provides the opportunity to work in a friendly and collaborative environment. The position will start as soon as possible.
Kindly apply online below or forward your resume and cover letter via email to Mark_Thom@ajg.com using the subject line “Client Manager, PCS – Toronto”.